Wednesday, June 29, 2011

cub day camp

Today I got to take Ethan to his last day camp. I'm glad I'm still his leader, so I could hang out with him all day.

They got to shoot rocks from a sling shot and try to hit a bunch of metal things hanging on a string on the other side of the river. I think this might have been one of the favorite things today.
 The boys all made swords out of PVC pipe and swim noodles, then fought another pack.

One of the games included leaping around on these rocking circles, and then using these sticks to try to push each other off.
 Ethan really liked shooting the BB guns. I think most boys love this station.

Ethan and his amazing den leader! (Ethan is too busy sucking on one of those candy baby bottles, which gave him the fancy blue teeth below...)

And you can't forget Archery. I guess it's essential for every young boy to learn to shoot a bow and arrow.

We had 30 boys there, and 6 leaders, and we didn't lose anyone (at least, not for very long), and nobody got hurt (if you don't count one of the boys hitting another boy in the head with a wooden mallet). The weather was fabulous, and we missed the crazy hurricane winds/rain by about 30 minutes. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment