Tuesday, October 11, 2011

statues

The campus has some really cool statues scattered all around. This one is about 2-stories tall. The rest of them are life-size. Some of them are life-like, too. I thought they were permanent, but apparently they are going away this week. I thought I'd share a link so you can see them, too.

It's been fun walking around trying to find all of them. In fact, the other day I saw a man stop walking so he could text someone. He was standing so still, he looked like a statue. I told the kids they should go over and look at him. They were busy admiring an alligator statue, and when they were finally done (the guy was standing completely still--even about 10 minutes later), they decided to go look at the texting-man statue. Suddenly the man walked away and the kids were shocked. It was pretty funny :)

Check out the statues here: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/crossingpaths/album/

No comments:

Post a Comment