Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The last days (of school)

 Today is the kids' last day of school, but Ethan has had a busy few days. The third, fourth, and fifth grades had a variety show, and Ethan said he was going to sing with his friend Jack. That surprised me, because he's pretty reserved in large groups of people. So Chris and I had to go see for ourselves!


And there they were, singing America the Beautiful in front of everyone! He said he was scared before he got on stage, but when he began singing, he was happy. And he did a great job, too! Chris and I were amazed all day that he actually dared to sing in front of the other students.

Yesterday the older grades had an awards ceremony. Ethan earned a certificate for perfect attendance (I guess they didn't count the one day he missed two weeks ago for Disney World?), and straight A's. I'm so proud of him because he usually comes home and finishes his homework on his own. I never even look at it, unless he asks me to. Pretty amazing boy.

Now the kids are sad school is over. Josh even prayed last night that he wouldn't be too sad during summer break. I guess home is just that boring. Good job mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment