Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What I saw out my window

A few days ago, we heard a marching band playing {this song} in the middle of the day.
I was pretty sure there wasn't a parade going by.
I knew there wasn't a football game.

So I looked out my window,
and this is what I saw:

Seventy six trombones caught the morning sun, 
With a hundred and ten cornets right behind. 
There were more than a thousand reeds springing up like weeds, 
there were horns of ev'ry shape and kind. 
~The Music Man





It was some kind of alumni activity,
with zip lines and food and bounce houses.
Too bad you had to pay a fortune to get in.
But lucky us, we got to see it all happen right outside our window.

Today we have a tornado watch all afternoon,
so I hope I don't see anything else too spectacular out my window today.


No comments:

Post a Comment