Saturday, March 9, 2013

A million kisses

Yesterday Josh woke up with a sore throat.
He sat there all silent at breakfast, with tears running down his cheeks. He cried because it hurt.
He mostly cried because it was pajama day at school, and he'd been looking forward to it for weeks.
So we had pajama day at home. 
(someone needs to remind me to never make a silly fish face again. I look like the one who is sick...)

While we were eating lunch, he read his Go-Gurt wrapper. It had a fill-in-the-blank area for him to make his own lyrics. So this is what Josh came up with:

I want to be a builder
I want to see the Eiffel Tower
I want to wear a golf shirt and dance
And have a million kisses
'cause I want to be a builder

The golf shirt part makes me laugh because he has to wear one of those every day. It's part of his school uniform. But I guess it's his dream to wear one while he's dancing at the Eiffel Tower.

I asked him who was going to give him a million kisses. He gave me a "duh" look and said, "You are, Mom!"
Then he sat thinking about it for a while, until he said, "Since I'm six, you've probably already given me about two-hundred and one thousand kisses. I think I only need about a hundred and ninety-nine more."

So every time I passed by him, I'd kiss his forehead or cheek and say, "Two-hundred one-thousand and ONE. Two-hundred one-thousand and TWO."

It will take a while, but we'll eventually reach a million kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment