Monday, April 22, 2013

crazy month

Just had to share:
*It's the end of Chris's last semester of classes (he still has to teach them, but he doesn't have to take them at the same time anymore. Hooray!).
*We've had strange cold-then-hot-then-cold weather here in The Swamp.
*I had to return to the evil really nice eye surgery doctor and my 10 minute appointment ended up being 2 1/2 hours for reasons too long to explain here on this blog.
*Ashley told me she was freaked out to change in the girls bathroom before her wax museum presentation at school because the girls would be in their underwear all together. Yet she doesn't notice when her brothers wander around in their undies at home.
*Ethan needs to see an orthodontist about the possibility of needing a few teeth being pulled to make room for some teeth trying to grow in. He inherited an over-crowded mouth from his mom.
*The pool is still almost too cold to use, which is unusual this time of year. Though we've used it almost every day (except when it rains, like today).
*Ashley and I went to see several plays that some youth from church were in. School House Rock Live, and Beauty and the Beast. We sat on the front row at B&B, and Gaston sang to Ashley every time he was on the stage. Best seat in the house. Although I must say, it was slightly creepy that the school picked a chubby old man from the community theater to play beast instead of letting a boy in high school do it. I didn't care to see that guy kissing young belle on the stage.
*My hair has been thinning at an alarming rate this month, and I probably need to go see a Dr. about a possible thyroid problem, but I don't think I'm up for any more bad news. Either the Dr. will say I need to take drugs for the rest of my life, or else she'll tell me to live with it because I'm no spring chicken anymore. Either way, it's bad news.
*Ethan has been asking lots of questions about human reproduction...
*Boston was bombed.
*I was chastised by a loving friend at church.
*Stir in a few extra life stresses, and that's our month.

But...it isn't over yet. I don't think we'll see any reading at the dinner table tonight. Ashley woke up with a stomach ache this morning, but insisted on going to school even though I told her she could stay home. She hobbled around all morning, then left for the school bus. Since the school didn't call for me to pick her up, I assumed she felt better.

Then she hobbled into the house. She couldn't stand up straight, and she was shivering. Hopefully it's just a stomach bug and nothing more serious than that. It would be our luck this month if it ended up being an appendix problem or something. Cross your fingers and knock on wood...

Luckily, the month is almost over. And as the indigo girls say on one of my favorite CD's, "You have to laugh at yourself, because you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't." Truer words were never spoken :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it has been a bad April! Ours was a little crazy too with weird illness and things falling apart around the house....just think though - next month we get to come visit you guys! Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gaylene, i am so hoping you get better luck next month! and all the other months of this year, because even one bad month is enough. Sorry, but parts of your posts did make me laugh out loud, like the part where Ethan is too curious about the reproduction and the spring chicken one :))) You know how to make a tough thing sound funny that is for sure. :)
    Sending you better luck! and our thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete