Monday, April 8, 2013

Oatmeal Pancakes

Here's the recipe for my favorite Oatmeal Pancakes. I've scaled this recipe so that my family of five can each have at least two regular sized pancakes each, sometimes three.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups oats
3-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
 2 3/4 cups almond milk
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup olive oil
half a cup chia seeds
3 eggs, or I like to use flax seed as egg substitute. 3 tablespoon ground flax seed and 6 tablespoons water.
Add more water if you like your pancakes thinner

Directions:
Place liquids into a food processor (I use a Ninja blender, so I'm not sure how other food processors or blenders work), then add all the dry ingredients. blend until smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally.

Heat lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle using approximately 1/4 cup per pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment