Monday, May 27, 2013

going to the chapel

The university has a beautiful non-denominational meditation/small events chapel bordering the lake I talked about in this post. We love to look at it, but don't go inside too often.
The other night a friend from church conducted a motet choir in this building as part of her university research. They sang beautiful renaissance music, most of which I couldn't understand. But her grand finale was this Thomas Tallis song, If Ye Love Me. She had our ward choir sing this song a few months ago. This is what it sounded like as it echoed through the small meditation chapel.


I decided to take my kids to the chapel the next day, so they could enjoy the peaceful setting and hear their own voices echoing through the building.
They were inspired to sing and dance.

Here they're singing I Am a Child of God.
They loved the way their voices bounced off the walls and ceiling.


I played Jessica's Theme in the keyboard, and the kids danced around.
Don't listen to the music too closely. I haven't practiced much in the past 20 years.
The kids all decided it's now one of their favorite places to go.
They're easy to please :)

1 comment: