Monday, June 24, 2013

It's a rainy day

The other day we had a huge storm roll through, with tornado watches and all. These storms are really fun to watch, even though they scare me a little.
 Within a few minutes of this tropical storm, our sidewalk was deep under water.
 Ethan was brave enough to go downstairs to look at the flood, even though he's terrified of the constant lighting and thunder.
You can't see how strong this storm is in the picture, but I hoped to capture that small tree bending over. Oh well. Just believe it was super windy.

I really enjoy these storms when we're snuggled up together at home. They aren't so fun when I'm all alone. Luckily my kids were all hunkered down with me, watching the storm on weather.com.

Here's a nice rainy day song from my childhood. I still sing this every time it rains!

1 comment:

  1. I love a good storm! It comforts me somehow and makes me feel calm and nice. :)

    ReplyDelete