Tuesday, May 27, 2014

springs hike

After our glass bottomed boat ride, we strolled around the park, and then went on a hike on a nearby trail in a connecting state park.
I almost stepped on this snake. There was a big sign at the entrance to the trail that talked about bears, so everyone except Chris (who has too much experience with bears...) was nervous, and jumping at every sound. Suddenly I look down and see a giant snake right where I was about to step. Luckily I didn't step on it and it passed as if it barely noticed us.
 The trail was so jungle-y, and at one point I think we heard a wild boar snort in the bushes. It scared everyone (except Chris...).
 At the end of the trail found the river that was connected to Silver Springs. It was beautiful and clear and calm. The kids crouched down and watched little fish swim around, and probably threw a few rocks or stick into the water.
 Can you see the fish jumping in the middle of this river? I took the picture just as it jumped. Too bad I wasn't zoomed in! It was a beautiful, hot hike, and we were all happy to get out of the woods and head home to drink water and cool off.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, the sign about bears would make me nervous too! Good thing you have Chris to protect you from a bear :))

    ReplyDelete