Tuesday, September 2, 2014

and then we moved...

 Yep. These are the only pictures I took on our three-day drive across the country. The view from our hotel room in Lincoln, Nebraska, and the view from the back of the van where I got to take a nap for a while.
The drive was thankfully uneventful, and we didn't have to drive a moving van like last time we moved. The only one who had to go to the bathroom all the time was me, we didn't have to stop to refill the diesel every few hours, and we got to stay in nicer hotels because we had a lovely moving expense paid by Chris's new job. The only bad part of the drive was through the canyon by Park City. It's been a long time since I drove through winding, steep mountain roads, and everyone was speeding around me. I don't think I breathed until we reached I-15. Luckily I had an out of town license plate still, so people could just shake their head and say, "Those idiots are from The Swamp."

We had a nice reunion when we got to my parents' home. My brother and his family were also waiting there to greet us for a minute. And they laughed when I had to go pull my sweater from the car because it was SO COLD. They kept assuring me that the temperature was perfect.

We registered for school and the kids all got the tracks and classes they needed. Chris has been busy getting ready for the classes he'll teach and coming up with new research ideas. We've unpacked most of what we need while we stay at my parents home, although some things are lost in boxes we probably won't unpack for a while. The transition has been much easier than I anticipated and the kids seem happy, so it's all good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment