Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chinese Salmon Salad for one

Today at lunch I was craving salad and salmon. So I decided to invent an easy recipe because I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making lunch. It made enough for me, so if I made it for my family, I'd have to quadruple the recipe.



Chinese Salmon Salad

1 3oz smoked salmon pouch (I used Chicken of the Sea, it tastes pretty good)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp ground pepper
sprinkle of pepper
sprinkle of salt
1 Tbsp chives (less if using dried chives)
1/4 c sliced or slivered almonds
1 c spinach or other green salad

Mix everything but greens in a small bowl, then spread over the top of salad. Sprinkle with chow mien noodles. After I ate my salad, I had a cutie for dessert and realized it would have been good chopped on top. So if you'd like to add a little sweetness to this salad, sprinkle some mandarin oranges on top or on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment